You may get this error when you installing Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, Booting from GPT is only supported for 64 bit editions of Windows vista, 7,8, & 8.1 on UEFI based systems. lets get this fixed.
Before doing anything Back up all your Hard disk. ( because you are going to loose everything)
- Boot your PC with window DVD Disk.
- When it comes to Install Windows Screen( see the below attachment)
Press Shift +F10 Key ( in laptop models Fn+ Shift+ F10 ) combination to bring up the Command Prompt window.
3. Assuming disk ( physical) is 0 , Please enter following command
- Type diskpart and hit Enter Key
- once you are inside the Diskpart utility enter list disk command to list all disk ( so you can figure out what is the index of the disk you are going to convert)
- Assuming you are going to convert Disk 0, enter select disk 0 to select the disk 0
- Once the disk 0 is selected, type clean to clean up the disk ( this will erase everything in your hard drive including recovery partition)
- now quit from disk part utility using exit command
- then exit from console window using exit command again
- now continue with usual windows installation. go to Customise Installation Partition the disk as you want and proceed with installation.